Welcome to the NAU Percussion Society Website
NAU Percussion Society Mission Statement
The mission of the NAU Percussion Society is to support and promote the continued growth, development, and visibility of percussion and percussion education on the campus of Northern Arizona University.
As a means of advancing its mission, the NAU Percussion Society initiates agenda and programs which…
1. Nurture and promote the understanding and appreciation of percussion and its heritage
2. Assists its membership and participants with information and resources, including curricula, aesthetics,
3. Takes an active part, percussively, in supporting clinics, festivals and symposia at local and regional levels
4. Provides leadership opportunities for the club’s membership regarding administrative skills and
The NAU Percussion Society also…
• Promotes the sharing of percussion standards and values, generally, and through music materials and
methods at all levels of education
• Communicates information to all segments of the campus community including students, faculty, staff,
artists, enthusiasts, and the general public
• Encourages education which provides the knowledge, skills and materials vital to a career in percussion
education and percussion performance
Further, the NAU Percussion Society encourages research, provides financial assistance for selected educational and artist opportunities and programs, and advocates for percussion in all appropriate forums, thereby cultivating a growing and more sophisticated, well-informed audience and more refined, scholarly artists.
As a core operation for fund-raising activity, the club’s steel pan ensemble, Panorama Steel Pan Ensemble, is available to perform a wide variety of Caribbean and American pop music, offering musical entertainment, limbo contests, and audience participation playing along with provided percussion instruments.